Ronaldo charged for improper conduct last season’s incident

IMAGE: Cristiano Ronaldo apologised to the 14-year-old fan via social media after the incident, which took place after United’s 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park in April. Photograph: Carl Recine/Reuters

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association (FA) for smashing a teenage fan’s phone to the ground following a defeat at Everton last season.

 

Ronaldo, 37, apologised to the 14-year-old fan via social media after the incident, which took place after United’s 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park in April.

“Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 for an incident that took place after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022,” the FA said in a statement.

“It is alleged that the forward’s conduct after the final whistle was improper and/or violent.”

United said they would support Ronaldo in his response to the charge.

Ronaldo was cautioned by the police in August regarding the incident.

Video footage appeared to show Ronaldo angrily slapping the phone out of the boy’s hand as he walked down the tunnel.

The boy’s mother said he had been left with a bruised hand and that his phone screen had been smashed.

For all the latest Sports News Click Here 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Technocharger is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Comments are closed.